Employment Practices Liability Insurance in Cumming, GA
Employment Practices Liability Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance Information
You and your business may strive to ensure fair and honest treatment of your employees, but even slight misunderstandings or small procedural errors can have serious ramifications. As such, employers must be aware of employment practices liability (EPL) risks. The lawsuits arising from EPL allegations can have devastating effects on your company’s finances and reputation.
The agents at Podmaska Insurance Agency are prepared to help companies in the Providence area protect themselves with the right EPL insurance policies.
What Does EPL Insurance Cover?
Serious offenses committed by your company and its leaders can understandably lead to EPL lawsuits, but such allegations may also arise from everyday situations, such as the following:
- Hiring new employees
- Terminating employees
- Promoting employees
- Offering raises
- Communicating with employees
- Managing benefits packages
If an employee files an EPL lawsuit against your company, having the right insurance coverage will be integral to covering costs and minimizing damages. In general, most EPL insurance policies will provide assistance for the following allegations:
How Much Does EPL Insurance Cost?
- Discrimination—Current or former employees may claim that they were discriminated against, such as on the basis of gender, race, religion or age.
- Harassment—Accusations of workplace harassment can lead to severe ramifications for your finances and reputation.
- Wrongful termination—If an employee believes they were unlawfully fired, the resulting legal battles can be costly.
- Failure to promote—Employees may allege that they have been passed over for promotions for unfair reasons, such as having a disability.
- Negligence—Employers and managers may be accused of negligence, such as by improperly assessing an employee’s performance or allowing dangerous or harmful conduct to occur in the workplace.
- Retaliation—These accusations may arise from an employee claiming they were punished or mistreated for reasons unrelated to their job performance, such as if they reported misconduct or inappropriate behavior in the workplace.
Like many insurance policies, the premiums of your EPL insurance may vary based on several factors. Our agents will weigh the following when constructing your coverage:
Get the Right Coverage for Your Business
- Number of employees
- HR practices
- Previous claims history
- Policy details (e.g., terms and deductibles)
EPL risks must be taken seriously. Such allegations can interrupt your business and lead to significant financial losses. Furthermore, accusations of misconduct or discrimination can have irreparable ramifications for your company’s reputation.
The insurance experts at Podmaska Insurance Agency are ready to help. Contact us today to learn more about EPL coverage and to start constructing a policy tailored to your company’s needs.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.